Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 1 of 10 to Better Mental Health

Day #1: Connect with others.

I slept horrible last night. UGH. I really thought that I would just want to stay in bed today, but, I didn't. I got up and got ready for a job interview and drove up early and had time to relax a little before going in.  I remembered that today I was to connect with new people. So I made small talk with people while I was waiting, smiling, etc at them. GREAT!  My interview was with one member of management and we did get along well and great conversation.  Then, to my surprise, she told me she wanted me to meet with another member of management. GREAT! Another connection for the day! And, with that thought at the top of my head, it went great.  We shall see if I am the right fit for their team. Only the universe knows at this point :)

Came home and took a nap and really didn't do any more new connections.  I did have a great conversation with one of my cousins via facebook. More conversation than we have had before, which is awesome.

Baby steps.....

Tomorrow is Day #2: Stay Positive.....We will see what transpires tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment