Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 4, 5 & 6

So, these last three days have kind of blended together.  Thanks to a LOVELY cold/illness I got my from daughter. I must say that normally I can do sick, but, when it gets in your inner ear and affects your vertigo, its NOT fun.  So, I am going to talk about these last three mental health days more as a lump sum than individual days.

Helping Others, Get Enough Sleep & Create Joy and Satisfaction

Sleep: check thanks to this cold!
Helping Others: I received an email and then a phone call asking if I wanted to volunteer to lead a new booster club type thing for the acting group that my daughter is in.  After thinking about it, I decided I wanted to go ahead and do it.  It will help raise funds, create events and spend more time with these kids.  It will be awesome. It is all volunteer, but will be totally worth it.

Another way I helped others is to book hotel rooms for my family for my cousin's upcoming college graduation.  Thanks to an awesome friend, I was able to get everyone a discount.
Create Joy and Satisfaction: today we went to yard sales. How does this create joy and satisfaction you ask!? Well, joy because it is something we like to do and my mother, my daughter and I got to spend time together. Hunting for deals, things we need, presents for others and of course, stuff for Burning Man.  That is the joy part.  The satisfaction: knowing we are helping other clean out their clutter and/or make money for various things.

No comments:

Post a Comment