Monday, May 10, 2010

May Is Mental Health Awareness Month: Life Your Life Well

May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Mental Health America has created a website for the 2010 Theme: Live Your Life Well LINK HERE

They have listed 10 ways to Life Your Life Well.

These proven tools can help you feel stronger and more hopeful. Check out each page for specific, easy-to-follow tips.
  1. Connect with others
  2. Stay positive
  3. Get physically active
  4. Help others
  5. Get enough sleep
  6. Create joy and satisfaction
  7. Eat well
  8. Take care of your spirit
  9. Deal better with hard times
  10. Get professional help if you need it
So, I will start to focus on ONE of these things each day, starting today (Monday, May 10th).  In 10 days, I should be feeling better, thinking positive and being awesomely RAD :)

#1: Connect with others: hmmm need to think about how I am going to do that today. Stay tuned I suppose. :)  I connected with lots of people this weekend, but, according to my own rules, that does not count. So, I need to connect with people today or, make plans to do so sometime this week! Anyone want to do lunch? Does HugNation count? What about shopping or picking up free stuff from Craigslist or freecycle? Do my cats count (um NO! I will wind up the old spinster cat woman! hehe)   hmmm I may need to set some rules for myself.

Okay....today's task...connect with others.  I will post on what I did later!  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment